Saturday, January 11, 2014

Into the Forest Blog Hop Reveal

The lovely, Lisa Lodge, of Pine Ridge Treasures had a sign-up for another of her fun blog hops - this one with the "Forest" theme.  We were sent a bead kit and were asked to use beads from our own stash and asked not to go out and buy additional beads.


                                                                           I received the Tiger Eye kit


When I decided to sit down and get to work on my kit, I remembered that I had recently bought a pendant that would go perfectly with my beads. It's a dark brown metal puff bead that has a great texture and is very light-weight.


I strung most of the bigger beads with the metal pendant and added some of my beautiful green recycled sari silk.


The toggle I used has a texture that reminds me of bark.


This morning, I thought I'd make the earrings I had in mind - I love how they turned out! The teardrop and gold beads are from my kit and I added the silver disc from my stash.


Thank you for stopping by! Please hop over to all of the other jewelry designers to see their beautiful creations!


Your hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Kathy Zeigler Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Eleanor Burian Moore, The Charmed Life
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Chris Eisenberg, Wanderware
Carolyn Lawson, Carolyn's Creations
Janine Lucas, Esfera Travel Blog
Jasvanti Patel, Jewelry by Jasvanti
Shaiha Williams,   Shaiha's Ramblings
Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreationz
Karla Morgan, Texas Pepper Jams
Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera
Toltec  Jewels, Jewel School Friends
Christie Searle Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry
Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
Monique Urquhart, A Half-Baked Notion
Janet Bocciardi, Honey from the Bee
Dini Bruinsma, Angaza by Changes
Heather Richter, Desert Jewelry Designs
Christina Miles, Wings n Scales
Elizabeth Engriser, Bead Contagion
Alice Peterson, Alice Dreaming
Alicia Marinache, All the Pretty Things
Kay Mallery,TBD
Catherine Yvonne King, Catherine's Musings
Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs



43 comments:

  1. I love the organic feel of the design, Christine, and the silk adds a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you put together. The silk ribbon makes the necklace a standout .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love when the clasp is off to the side. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combo of colors- the pendant is a perfect addition. Nicely done- Christie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colors and the pendant really does go great with your beads...Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found the perfect focal to go with your beads! What a pretty necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pendant you added to your necklace. Great earrings too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great pieces! They are both ones that I would wear quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adding sari silk always gives the pieces a special touch - your necklace is gorgeous! Love the simplicity and elegance of the earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree - I need to use sari silk more often in my pieces!

      Delete
  10. I think you did an amazing job with this challenge - the addition of your metal focal and green sari silk perfectly compliment the beads you received. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the green sari silk. Adds a wonderful freshness to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great day for sari silk. You've blended your elements beautifully. And your earrings have inspired me to take a crack at my briolettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love using sari silk in my pieces and need more often. Good luck with your briolettes - they always make great earings!

      Delete
  13. I really liked the necklace and the earrings, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great mix of beads...the focal bead is so pretty too. Adding the green sari silk added that forest feel to it. I also like your earrings, love the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely necklace. I love how you used the bead mix: a variation of beads in great harmony. Love your sweet earrings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your necklace: what a great way of using your bead kid, a variety of beads in a harmonious way. Love your pretty earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The ♥earrings are my favourite, you're right, they did turn out great!!! And were you lucky to have that pendant (-: you made a beautifully designed necklace. It must be fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's great when you have the perfect bead in your stash for the piece isn't it? Lovely necklace and the earrings are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, it's really lovely! I definitely get a forest feel from it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the kit you received -- the first thing my eyes went to were those gorgeous specialty quartz pears! The earrings you made with them are beautiful. And your necklace is so pretty! Love the beautiful metal yet so very "bark" focal -- the sari ribbon plays that up perfectly, and it is amazing how organic even the metal is!! I LOVE the focal and the beads together. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how the focal and ribbon seemed to go perfectly, too!

      Delete
  21. A very nice necklace. I love the sari silk and the color of it with the other beads. Like a fresh new beginning in the forest as the rest turns darker and falls away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that - Like a fresh new beginning in the forest .....
      Thank you!!

      Delete
  22. Chris, I love the necklace you created from the kit. I can tell you, looking at the pile of beads I would have been intimidated, kind of how I am about the Winter Sparkle coming up!!!!!! lol But I love the necklace, would wear it proudly. The piece of ribbon/fabric makes it a totally different style than it would have been with beads or chain. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll look for your beautiful designs in The Winter Sparkle hop!

      Delete
  23. Christine - I left you a comment on the day of the hop, but the computer was acting up. I swung by again to make sure that it had posted and I do not see it. I love your necklace - the sari silk was a great add. That metal puff bead is super cool. I can definitely "feel" the forest in your pieces. I would wear the earrings a lot, too. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And, Thank you for another great hop, Lisa! This one was particularly challenging for me - when I sat down a couple days before it, the necklace seemed to make itself! I love the brown quartz and knew they'd make beautiful earrings!

      Delete
  24. The necklace has such rich colors and the earrings make it a beautiful set.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Lovely Comments