Saturday, July 6, 2013

Seasons Blog Hop Reveal


When Lisa Lodge of A Grateful Artist-Pine Ridge Treasures announced her Seasons Blog Hop way back in February, I thought it would be a fun hop to join!! Her idea was to send out beads and then the participants would 1/ Create jewelry that represents one of the four seasons or 2/ Create jewelry that represents a "season" in your life. Thank you, Lisa, for this fun, inspiring hop!!

When I received my beautiful selection of beads, I kept thinking spring, renewal, soft rains and new beginnings. I love the soft rains and pastel colors of the first blooms of spring - these beads represent that, to me.


I chose the biggest lampwork bead as the focal and started adding beads around it to make a bracelet. All of the round beads are from Lisa and the flower beads are from my stash.

                  
                                                    I think I'll keep this one!! I love the sweet, little butterflies!!



I found this wonderful poem by Alice C. Batemam 

The Renewal of Spring

The tiny tender shoots of green  
Reminding us that this is spring  
The cold dark winter left behind  
The summer sun now on our mind

The feeling that all will be well 
We leave behind our winter shell  
To go explore a warmer world 
To watch the buds as they unfurl 

To smell the earth, damp from its rest  
To feel inside we've passed a test  
We've made it through another year 
To watch new life as it appears

We take long walks, inhaling deep  
The rich new smells from after sleep  
The earth awakening again  
Shaking off the winter's pain

Drinking in the fragile sun 
Showing us that we have won  
Another round of cold and frost  
We've paid the price of winter's cost

We are renewed, as is the earth  
We are enhanced to see the birth  
Of all the green and growing shoots  
With fragile stems and fragile roots

If they can make it through the cold
We know that we can then be bold
Enough to feel our own release
And give our souls much-needed peace


Thank you for stopping by - please check out all of the beautiful designs!!

Hostess: Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Kathy Zeigler Lindemer, Bay Moon Design

Cassi Paslick, Beads: Rolling Downhill

Stephanie Sanner Haussler, PixyBug Designs

Leah Mifflin Tees, My Beady Little Eyes

Karin Slaton, BackStory Beads

Audrey Belanger, Dreams of an Absolution

Lori Jean Poppe, Lorillijean Creative Corner

Karla Morgan, Texas Pepper Jams

Christine Stonefield, Sweet Girl Design     ---- you are here ----

Eleanor Burian-Mohr, The Charmed Life

Alicia Marinache,  All the Pretty Things

Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera

Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreationz

Mary Govaars, MLH Jewelry Designs


Lennis Carrier, Windbent

Erin Kenny, Beadifultherapy

Tanya Goodwin, A Work in Progress

Cilla Watkins, Tell Your Girlfriends

Renetha Williams Stanziano, Lamplight Crafts

Christie Searle Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry

Sierra Barrett, Giraffe Can Has

Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes

Shirley Jones Moore, Beads and Bread

Dawn Horner, Northern Adornments

Charlene Bausinger Jacka, Clay Space


Candida Elkins Castleberry, Spun Sugar Beadworks

Miranda Ackerley, Daze and Days

41 comments:

  1. What a fun focal bead! I love how the flowers add a surprise of color along the length of your bracelet. And thanks for sharing Alice's beautiful poem with us - is there a better way to start a Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin!! The focal is what made me think of spring, and from there the bracelet, practically, made itself! Spring is my favorite season and I lucked upon Alice's poem!

      Delete
  2. What beautiful beads, and such a pretty design! Your poem goes perfectly as well, all these poems are making me want to find a book of poetry. Luscious colors, and I can see this will be a fun bracelet to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun bracelet. The colors are awesome and I love the little flower dangles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job. You really made those beads work for your design, and your dangles are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous bracelet. I love the image of soft rains, and the way the colors and dangles bring that image out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS bracelet. I'd keep it too! :) It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Those colors just call out to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really elegant and surprising. If I had received those beads, I would have thought Winter. That's why I really like the images of rain on leaves and flowers that you created.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lennis!! At first, I wasn't sure what "season" the beads were, but kept seeing the bright blue spring sky and raindrops in the focal bead.

      Delete
  9. Christine, reading Lennis' comment above, I had to giggle a little as the bead mix you received makes me think of summer -- the blue coral rondelles and blue coral tubes make me think of the coral reefs and waters of the ocean! It's interesting how we all relate to the seasons and beads differently.

    Your soft spring rains bracelet is beautiful. The Czech flowers and Swarovski crystals add an upscale and lovely touch. Your design style brings out the bead mix colorway with elegance, and the butterflies and dragonfly clasp seem t celebrate the pretty jewelry and spring!

    Thanks for also sharing a poem by Alice C. Batemam. A gentle, nurturing post.

    Love,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita!! It's been interesting to what season everyone "sees" in their bead mix. I love the poem - it speaks of spring perfectly!
      I wasn't sure what the the tubes and rondelles were - thanks for that extra bit of information!! :)

      Delete
  10. I love your bracelet, Christine! I would wear it quite often. One of my favorite color palettes! That large focal bead was the perfect touch. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting the blog hop, Lisa!! It's been wonderful to read everyone's stories!

      Delete
  11. Oh very pretty! Love the spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely jewelry, and lovely poem ! <3 That is one of my favorite color palettes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very playful, cheerful bracelet you got there - and lovely shades (I love blue).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful bracelet, love how you added all the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty bracelet. I love the femininity of it. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I admire how you took all these different components and turned them into one cohesive, classy piece of jewelry! And you managed to use all my favorite colors too! Very creative design--I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharyl!! I love these colors - beautiful and serene!

      Delete
  17. Very lovely, wearable & fun bracelet! Great job Christine! I do like the color scheme too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Lovely Comments