Saturday, April 27, 2013

Bead Soup Blog Party 3rd Reveal

Soup's on for the third reveal of the Bead Soup Blog Party!! I want to start out by thanking our leader, Lori Anderson of Pretty Things, who came up the this amazing party - you can read more about it here. This year, there are 541 participants - 200 jewelry designers are in this reveal!!

My partner is the very talented, Christine Hansen of Intuitive Sparks. She sent me the most amazing soup with a gorgeous lampwork pendant and spacers that she made along with many beautiful beads to complement them. It was so fun playing with all of these ingredients - thanks, Chris!!


I love the vibrant blue of the lampwork focal and spacers, so I decided to make a necklace that really let them stand out and shine.



I made a bail so the focal could hang down a bit from the chain and put it on a headpin with silver wavy discs at each end. I used the very cool Tierra Cast toggle clasp in my soup and four of the lovely lampwork spacers.



I made earrings with the remaining two blue spacers. I wrapped the beads with bead caps and Swarovski bicones, then added a short chain and some of the detailed base metal spacers for a bit of movement.


I made these earrings with two of the purplish Chinese rondelles - when the light catches these beads, they are so beautiful! I made a bail with a small piece of wire, hammered the ends and hung them from ear wires with a flat coil that I'd just received from Auntie's Beads.


I made another pair of earrings using the Hematite rondelles. I cut different lengths of headpins and hung them from a silver circle in my stash.


The last pair of earrings I made are with two of the beautiful green lampwork glass beads. I added copper spacers, then I took Vintaj filigree diamonds, folded them in half and used my sons Dremel to make a small hole in the center of the filigree for the headpins.


Next up is the bracelet. I used a lampwork bead from Jane Perala Designs as the focal because it went so well with the beads in my soup. I wrapped the blue Czech bead with a pink Druzy and the purplish Chinese crystal with a fuschia bead with gold dots - it's from a strand that I had bought at Allegory Gallery last summer. I used some of the thrifted chain and pewter spacers and connected it together with square wire jump rings.


For the next necklace, I wrapped the deep plum Czech faceted beads with brass bead caps and connected them with twisted brass jump rings.


The focal has black faceted crystals in the center that just sparkle. I bought it at a small bead store in Dayton (for $1 !!) - I knew it would work perfectly with the plum and green!


I hung different lengths of chain from the brass flower and added flowers and leaves for movement. The purple flowers and leaves are from my first BSBP and I bought the pale turquoise flowers at my local bead store, Gahanna Bead Studio. I had the flower toggle in my stash and wove the deep green recycled sari silk through brass chain.


Lastly, I made this necklace with strawberry quartz, Hematite rondelles, base metal spacers and Swarovski bicones. I added them to black leather lace with a simple lobster claw toggle.


I had the best time creating with my soup and getting to know my partner! I hope you head over to Christine Hansen's blog to see what loveliness she created with her soup!




Thank you for stopping by!! I will definitely get to each blog on the list to drool over each design - life often gets in the way of beautiful jewelry!! Thanks for understanding!  :)

Take some time to check out all of the fabulous jewelry designers - here's the link to the list of all of the blog partier's of the 3rd Reveal!!

48 comments:

  1. Nice, nice work. I love the necklace with the flower focal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You sure have been busy. I love your work. Your green filigree earrings made my favs list which will be posted tomorrow.
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. very elegant and delicate projects!congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore all your pieces you made out of your soup, but I really LOVE the sunflower necklace...so lovely! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pieces all turned out so yummy. I think I would wear any number of them. The unique designs of your earrings really catch my attention the most though, especially the ones with the Chinese crystals. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely pieces, I can not decide for just one favorite. Maybe the one with brass flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be still my heart - Christine, I'm in awe of how much beauty you created with your bead soup! ALL of the pieces are gorgeous - I love what you did with that chunky focal I sent you - and those earrings with the green beads and folded copper filigree are just adorable! The plum and green necklace is just amazing too - and I love love LOVE how you used the thrift shop chain with the pewter spacers on the bracelet! (big happy grin of delight) It was SUCH a blast trading soups with you my friend, and especially to see all of the wonderful goodies you created! I look forward to continuing our friendship and ogling your future eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice pieces, so lovely. I love the necklace with the blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the necklace with the flower center piece! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great designs! I especially love the green necklace...but I am partial to greens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice designs with such rich colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is so beautiful, but I really love the earrings. The simplicity of the beads with your nice metal/wire work is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your aesthetic, and I love each piece you created from these beautiful beads!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great designs. I specifically like the treatment you did with the black flower focal, and your earrings with the folded filigree. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  15. lots of beautiful creations, love the earrings, all lovely and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really nice work with the spacers and the filigree on the earrings! I love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the flower necklace!
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely earrings! The bottom two necklaces really pop for me, especially the flower one..it has a romantic goth kinda feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am partial to earrings as I mostly only wear those, so they are my favorite of your pieces. But I wouldalso wear the bracelet with the lampwork bead, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really lovely pieces - especially the earrings, nicely put together you must have had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful designs and so much! I really like the bales you made for the necklace and the earrings. Really interesting to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful creations! Great photographs! I especially like the earrings with the hematite rondelles.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pieces. I am partial to the necklace with the $1 flower focal myself. It's very fun and since spring seems to finally be here, I'm all about flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did wonderful things with your soup! I love the bail you made for the first necklace, a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those earrings with the hematite rondelles are really unique! I love them! All of your pieces are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great designs. My favorites are the green necklace and earrings. I also like the hematite earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cooking, Christine :0) The hematite earrings are truly an eye-catch: simple components - very unique design! And the green necklace also belongs to my favourites! It's soooo romantic, like the way you wrap the sari silk round the chain!

    ReplyDelete
  28. they are all unique and pretty but i especially enjoyed the second necklace and the different textures. really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous soup you got and sent! Love all the wonderful designs you created!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the first necklace for its simplicity and how it showed off the focal beads and then I loved all of your earrings, especially the hematite ones and the last necklace was gorgeous. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great great pieces, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So impressed with the number of pieces you came up with. Especially like the flower focal necklace- very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great work! I love the big blue pendant! You did very well :-) Have a nice day, Hugs,Doris

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You put your bead soup to great use! So many beautiful pieces! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  36. Many beautiful pieces, the emerald necklace is my favorite, great mix of different media

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the colors in your soup. Your pieces are gorgeous...I just love the sari silk necklace. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such an impressive array of pieces with some lovely twists. I love how you folded your filigree pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow gorgeous soup and you made so many incredible pieces. So fun. I love them all. The big lampwork necklace is my favorite. Glass is so beautiful. You made every piece shine. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful jewellery! I especially love your first two necklaces (blue lampwork one and flower one), but all your designs looks just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  41. ooo lovely soup! That focal is gorgeous! Love what you've done with it all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow! Some inspiring pieces here. Love what you've done with your soup. Especially love the gorgeous loopy-dangly

    ReplyDelete
  43. golly!!! u made so many pieces! i love the swirly bail designs you created for the necklace and earrings but i think my favourite is the simple yet oustanding strawberry quartz necklace...

    ReplyDelete
  44. You really put your bead soup to good you and all of your pieces are great, but I really like the one with the floral focal taht you got for $1.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love all the pieces you made with your soup. As I scrolled down I just kept saying 'wow' to myself over and over. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautifully creative pieces, every one!

    ReplyDelete
  47. PS My favorite is the flower pendant. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Lovely Comments